sexta-feira, 29 de abril de 2016

PASTORAL WORD: EVEN IF IT IS NOT GOOD TO MY SITUATION I TRUST IN GOD. (Habakkuk 3, 17 to 18)












My brothers and my sisters I would like to meditate with you on this line of the Prophet Habakkuk.
Today it is fashionable to talk about the so-called triumphalist theology. Triumphalist theology is that it does not accept that the servant of God has any kind of pain or suffering. Everything has to go right to the servant of God and nothing for him or her can miss. Looking at the biblical context we see that things are not like that and that Jesus Christ himself said: in the world more by affliction. But be of good cheer. I have conquered the world. I recall here the words of Bishop John Carlos Lopes on last Sunday here in Lins, when he referred to the words, however God ... That means, but God, etc. changes the situation. In other words, things are so and so. But God can change them. May be one way, but God makes to another. So we should not frighten us when things are not going well. We must keep trusting God that can change everything. I remember Paul says in Rom. 8:28, we know that all things work together for good to them that love God. Those who are called according to his purpose. If you look at the original text we see that the Greek verb appears in the present continuous: Talaborium which means the next thing. To better understand turn at the same verse in the Bible in English that says: We know that God is working which translated is: we know that God is working. So this is what Paul says: we know that God is working all things so that finally we are blessed. We don't have to be distressed when things are not in line with what we expected. God is in control and working at all to help us. Hallelujah! This is the reason we are always right. To be so no need for everything to be working, but we are right with God. The rest he does. It's like telling us the Psalm 37:5. Hand over your cumin. Trust on it and the more he will do. The path has thorns climbs and curves. But we will get if God is with us. I heard a story a few years ago that once a kid with disabilities, or special needs that prevented walking safely enrolled in a school whose house path between this school and his house was surrounded by thorns (those plants which are thorny fences) and had boulders across its surface. The boy had to go there. On the first day he arrived injured at home. Cried a lot. The second day was even worse. He then came to his father and said: I'm not going to school anymore. After explaining why. The father said: you're going to continue going to school. The boy asked: how Daddy? The father replied, I will go with you. So you're safe leaning on me. I will be with you throughout the walk every day. Darlings and Dear God it is so with me and with you. He doesn't take the thorns and even the stones out of the way, but going with us. It's what I always say: God does not take away the problems, but it helps us in trouble. He enters the difficulties and struggles you face and help us the difficulties and struggles. Usually in our prayers we ask God to remove the problems. Usually we were sad when he does not. We forget that he didn't take the trouble, but does it better. He's going with us and solve the problems. Enter in our struggles and guarantee the victory. Praise be to the name of the Lord Jesus! So I'm sure the triumphalist theology is not correct. Correct theology is one that says: God is with us and we will be happy and cheerful even in adverse circumstances. We don't need things to be boxy, correct but that God is with us.
Return the eyes to the Habakkuk text at the top of our meditation. "Though the fig tree does not blossom, nor there is fruit in see; the olive product lie, and do not produce supplies; the sheep to be snatched from the fold, and there is no cattle corrals, however I rejoice in the Lord, I exult of the God of my salvation.
We must rejoice in God even if all fails. There may not be anything happening with me I should keep rejoicing in God. Should rejoice in the God of my salvation. My brothers and my sisters this is the correct attitude of a servant of God.
So you don't need to know if things are all right with you to see if you are happy. I know you are God you are fine though. God will give them security and hope that you need to be well.
I believe in God as well. So even when everything around me says I'm still not believing in God yes. I also believe the opposite. When God says no I don't believe so. I believe in God and rest on the strength of his power. He can do all things. For him nothing is impossible. Amen.
Reverend Jesué Francisco da Silva

Nenhum comentário: