quinta-feira, 24 de abril de 2014

PASTORAL WORD - GOD HEARD ME WHEN I CRIED AND I SHOUTED (Psalms 40: 1)


My brothers and my sisters today I would like to meditate with you about a God who hears us when we cry out for help. Let's think a bit in which moments we cry out for help. What are those moments? Obviously are the moments when we are in difficulties. But we ask for help when we know that our forms and policies do not allow us to get out of a difficulty. When someone falls, for example, in a very deep pit and does not have the least condition to go out. The only way is to scream and scream loudly the Word Help. In fact, the word claim here in biblical text means shouting. In our language is not always so. For this reason often don't understand the word yell as distress call. The word itself not, but the way you scream that yes can be a cry, a cry for help. Just to make it clear that cry and scream has the same sense in the Psalms I put here a version in English and the translation of the form of cry. Look at the end of the verse: He leaned over to me and hears me when I cried out. It's like this: I waited patiently for the Lord. He turned to me and heard my cry. Which translated is like this: I waited patiently for the Lord. He leaned forward, turned to me and heard my cry. Yes my brother and sister God turns.

He leans and heard our cry, our request for help. I couldn't tell how are you when you reading this meditation. But if you are in distress and are aware that nothing or no one can help him cry out for the Lord. Scream for help. He will tilt for you and will hear the cry, the cry of distress call. Ask, shout that God will listen. Amen.

Rev. Jesué Francisco da Silva.

 

Nenhum comentário: